[mythtv-users] OS X + Logitech Harmony + Remote Buddy + MythTV => Help!

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Aug 3 18:20:43 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 00:35 +0100, Matt Wynne wrote:

> I'm still pretty bewildered by this setup

It does take a while to get used to how the Harmony system views things.
I've got two Harmony 700's programmed for two different hardware setups
in different rooms, so I have a fair bit of experience programming
these. I'll help if I can, but I do use their Windows software to do the
programming and have no knowledge of MacOS or Remote Buddy.

> Could anyone who has this working give me a few clues please? What
> device profile should I use on the Harmony?

Since I have a Streamzap receiver/remote on my systems and already had
MythTV and lirc programmed for those, what I ended up doing was just
teaching the Harmony all the Streamzap codes under the MythTV device. It
was a pain initially to manually learn all the buttons, but now it works
quite well.

--Greg