[mythtv-users] Curiosity killed the cat: understanding myth versions

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 15:35:46 UTC 2012

I've been having some issues with my mythtv setup. I browse through
the github/bug trac to see if my problem may of been resolved. It may
of been so I update mythtv.

if it makes any difference, it's a ubuntu 12.04 server install, using
the mythbuntu repo's....

$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.25.2-15-g46cab93
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1

this was updated about 10 minutes ago, so should be the latest. Upto
now, i thought the 'g46cab93' bit was the git commit hash, but it
seems not; no reference to it on the fixes/0.25, and it seems too few
characters aswell.

does g46cab93 refer to anything useful for the user?
if not, is there anyway to know what my mythtv install is patched to,
so i can see what changes/fixes it should of received based from
github or trac?