[mythtv-users] New Android client for MythTV - force close ondownload guide

Timothy Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Wed Aug 1 19:48:03 UTC 2012

Tim,

You are running directly from code, correct? You are not running from the
apk download.

Go into the class

org.mythtv.services.api.AbstractOperations

And comment out line 58 with //

There is an issue right now with downloading GZIP data from the web services
in the .26 master.  That should resolve it.  I have been commenting this out
before I do build and post the apk to the downloads area.

Dan

--
My  <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey> Google Profile

Silly me, I had tried to update to the 1.0.4.M release of the spring android
code, since that made mention of fixing a gzip problem, but that did not
help.

I never thought to try commenting out that line.  Which of couse fixed it
for me!

Thanks!

Tim