[mythtv-users] Leap second again??

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Wed Aug 1 12:35:56 UTC 2012

Keith Pyle wrote:
> This evening, I found my mythbackend system running at full CPU on all
> cores.  It was the leap second problem - again.  According to dmesg on
> this system, it got a leap second inserted just before 0000Z Aug 1:
>
> [202139.171571] Clock: inserting leap second 23:59:60 UTC
>
> This system is running ntp synchronized to a stratum 2 time server (at a
> large university).
>
> Has anyone else seen this today?
>
> The prior workaround resolved the problem:
>
> date -s "`date`"

I had the same problem today as I had the last time a leap second got
inserted. On one of our Ubuntu 12.04 servers (the same one as last time)
the root filesystem reported "no space left" even though normally there
are only ~11% out of 50GB are used. I couldn't find the cause of this
and a reboot solved the issue. Luckily I was still able to ssh into it...