[mythtv-users] Leap second again??

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 03:04:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Keith Pyle <kpyle at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this today?

This is not (reasonably) possible since no leap second notification
has been in the authoritative ntp source packets.

My suggestion is to (a) make sure your ntp daemon is running
properly, and (b) check to see if your "authoritative" source is
itself broken.  Note that I recommend no less than 4 sources
so that the broken ones are thrown out (as "false tickers"),
with each source being from independent agencies/locations.
(of course, ultimately, NIST is usually the root source in most
of the world).

Gary