[mythtv-users] 0.25 on mac-mini

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Apr 30 13:38:21 UTC 2012

On 4/29/12 1:58 PM, Paul Raison wrote:
> On 27 Apr 2012, at 20:01, Dan Wilga wrote:
>
>> I have since downloaded the latest build from sourceforge, which Paul Raison compiled on 4/25. This still exhibits the same problem.
>>
>> I tried the suggested built-in profiles, and even created one of my own which uses VDA, 2 CPUs, and no deinterlacing at all. I also checked my audio settings, for which the input had been set to something ALSA, so I reset it to CoreAudio. None of this made any difference.
>>
>> For what it's worth, the GUI does seem slower than it did in the 0.24 I had been using. So your theory about Qt being a factor may be correct.
>>
>> I'm going to try compiling my own version this weekend. If I still can't get it to work with VDA, I'll see if I can get Quartz to work (yes, I see the 32-bit only caution).
>>
> I have just uploaded to Sourceforge a 10.6 Universal build. This uses the slightly old 4.7 QT. Could give that a go and see how you get on.

Thanks, Paul, I'll give that a try.

I did compile my own version over the weekend, both with and without the
"-m32" flag. The result was slightly better during playback, but still
far from watchable for 1080i .mkv from the HDPVR. This was even with Quartz.

So I'll give your downgraded Qt version a try tonight.