[mythtv-users] 0.25 problems with UPnP

Joe Nyland joe at joenyland.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 19:04:31 UTC 2012

On 29/04/2012 16:45, John Pilkington wrote:
> I've now taken delivery of a new Panasonic TV and can play with it
> myself.  Network playback works well after I configured the firewall
> to trust the ethernet, but I haven't seen frontend capabilities like
> fast-forward or skip.  I can play most Recordings and Videos, but
> there are strange exceptions:  from the laptop, now running 0.25, no
> recordings made between 16 March and 5 April will play on the TV
> although they are listed there.  One recording lists on the TV
> although it has been deleted.  I traced one recording - which plays -
> to the LiveTV folder, although it had been deleted from both the
> 'Previously Recorded' and 'Watch Recording' screens.  And there are a
> few recording that play on the frontend but don't on the TV for
> reasons that aren't yet apparent. It doesn't seem to be an HD/SD
> matter. Most of my Videos are in fact .iso images of MythArchive
> DVDs.  They don't play on the TV.
>
> I haven't had much time with it yet, but picture quality is excellent
> from both 0.24.3 and 0.25.  So many thanks to all concerned!
>
> John P

John,

Good to hear you've got a nice shiny new TV ;-)

I you come across anything that you *think* may cause this, please
update the ticket referenced above, as I'm stuck with this one now I'm
afraid. Anything you can find which I could test on my system to confirm
either way would be great.

Thanks,

Joe