[mythtv-users] Is there a way to pad individual recordings in a recording rule?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Apr 29 07:52:57 UTC 2012

On 29.04.2012 05:37, Paul Stillwell wrote:
> I have a rule set to record college lacrosse on ESPNU any time it is on. The games are scheduled to be 2 hours long, but they often go over by a few minutes. They also schedule them such that they are usually back-to-back. What I would like to do is pad the second recording of the day since the first recording for the day will be caught in the second recording, but I can't find a way to do it.
>
> Any ideas? I don't want to go in and hack the database to do this.

I would leave it as is.
When I have back to back recordings I simple stop watching the first
recording at the end of the first programme (and mark it properly, just
in case I want to watch it again or export the recording) then move to
the second recording and skip to the beginning of the second programme
(mark it again).

All this skipping and marking takes maybe half a minute once you're used
to it. Its not worth a change for me.

If you really dont want the overlap you can configure a rule that puts
both programmes into one recording. (add "end late" for the second game
plus overtime and make it an advanced rule but only matching the first
game.)

Btw, what do you want to gain anyway? The only thing I see is saving a
few megabytes in the time frame between recording and deleting the
games. Or if you have only an analog tuner and the issue is with all
back-to-back recordings. Then move the end-late minutes to postroll
(which is only applied to the last recording of the complete
back-to-back block)

Regards,
Karl