[mythtv-users] schedulesdirect not working

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Apr 25 18:44:39 UTC 2012

> Can you check
> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295
> for instructions and see if they help in solving your issue?

I installed xmltv and used it to manually grab the data, and inserted it
via "mythfilldatabase --file". This worked, and I now have guide data!
For now I guess if I just do the manual process every day, I'll be good.
That's a hassle, but not an insurmountable obstacle and at least the
system is useful again. Thanks Robert!

> If you get to the point where you’ve checked the raw XML using the
> “getdata” URL and it’s correct, then we know that it's an application
> issue and not what you're being sent.

It certainly does look like a problem with the grabber within MythTV,
except that it only seems to affect a few people (otherwise we'd be
hearing a chorus of reports instead of just 3 or 4 of us). Must be some
unusual set of configuration settings that triggers the problem?

The database insertion part of mythfilldatabase seems fine once I
manually grab the data outside of mythfilldatabase.

--Greg