[mythtv-users] one schedules direct lineup on tuners with different channels

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Apr 25 18:13:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> Is having SD add a new lineup to distinguish between this analog-only
> service and the was-analog-but-is-now-digital service the right way
> to solve this or can I solve it somehow with the one lineup and some
> how permanently deleting the channels not really available on the
> analog connected tuner?

I have a similar situation in that I have 3 different sources, 1
analog tuner, 1 STB with an HD-PVR, and 2 HDHR's, all with different
lineups and channels (obviously). What I've done, and I am not saying
it is in any way the correct way, is to setup one lineup in SD that
encompasses all channels that I can receive across the 3 tuners, then
I create 3 lineups, 1 per tuner type, in MythTV all using the same SD
lineup, and I manually (using MythWeb) remove channels that aren't
available via each tuner type. In mythfilldatabase I force it to
remove new channels (which doesn't meet one of your requirements), and
I have not had any issues. I check the SD lineup periodically to see
if anything has been added or moved, but my lineups have stayed pretty
stable for quite awhile. I've been running like this almost since SD
started, and I have been on trunk MythTV all that time, just for
reference.

Hope that helps.

Tom