[mythtv-users] 0.25 problems with UPnP

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Apr 25 08:19:47 UTC 2012

There's a ticket open about this but it may be that its title, which
refers to Panasonic hardware, may be too restrictive.  The problem also
applies to XBMC and may be more easily diagnosed from that route.  I'm
not the ticket's reporter but I'm interested in it.

The problem is that network playback works when a file is presented as a
'Video' but fails when it is a 'Recording.'  An error message from XBMC
includes:

  ERROR: CUPnPDirectory::GetResource - no
  items returned for object
  RecTv/0/item?ChanId=1003&StartTime=2012-04-06T20:59:00

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10583#comment:13

I'm inclined to believe that Myth is broadcasting the identity of this
'Recording' in a form that it doesn't recognise when it comes back; for
example, some instances of the new 'mythutil' tools expect
YYYYMMDDHHMMSS starttime and fail with other formats, including the one
read directly from the DB.  A 'Video' wouldn't have a 'starttime'.

Ideas for testing welcome.  Does XBMC have a commandline mode that could
explore this?

TIA

John P