[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 20:31:46 UTC 2012

From: Dan Gravell <dan.gravell at talk21 >

> George, OK, I wasn't aware that was the case. However, it's now (well, from 2010 onwards) under BSD licence http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?74049-Squeezeplay-now-under-BSD-> License .Is this not good enough?
>
> http://svn.slimdevices.com/jive/7.6/trunk/squeezeplay/src/squeezeplay/LICENSE?view=markup
>

> Dan

I just wanted to add that I have a really nice integration of squeezeplay on my mythFE. The remote works seamlessly and I am even using the mythbuntu background on the squeezeplay theme, so the look and feel is a very close match.  The only problem is that every once and a while squeezeslave and mythtv seem to clobber each other when accessing the audio port. I think its resolvable, but I  havent spent enough time to figure out why.

I originally followed the instructions on http://theskreegs.blogspot.com/2009/02/mythtv-squeezecenter-squeezeslave.html  but it looks like the page came down.  I had been meaning to document the steps for a while now. Maybe this will give me a reason to.

As an aside, I havent upgraded to .25 yet, but I was so sad to hear people arent happy with the mythmusic rewrite.  I had such high hopes and had been waiting so long for it to come out...

-J