[mythtv-users] mythmusic 0.25 What's the fuss about?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:27:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> On 24/04/2012 15:00, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:21 AM, David Watkins<watkinshome at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> (Some people find the lack of a 'file system view' a showstopper,
>>>
>>> though that doesn't bother me)
>>

>> It doesn't need to be a full view.  We can now select music by Artist,
>> Album, Year, Genre, etc.  Having one additional top level entry called
>> Path which then browses the folder hierarchy would be a nice addition
>> and probably not too hard to do.
>

> Yes, exactly. That would be just perfect.
>
> P.

that is exactly one of the big complaints, that the directory listing
was taken away. It makes it very difficult for those with large
libraries, or libraries of various sources to go through. My library
is just too large and varied for the new system to work effectively.

there are other smaller issues with ease of use and playback, but
nothing that couldn't be fixed if someone decides to keep working on
the bastard child that is MythMusic.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!