[mythtv-users] Slave backend Tuners unavailable after upgrade .25

Ian Jackson prosonik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 04:49:53 UTC 2012

Hey All,

After switching to 12.04 and upgrading to .25, I've been unable to access
my tuners on my slave backend. They do not show up in the master-backend
configuration and in mythtv frontend, they show up as unavailable. The
mythtv logs on both the master and slave show nothing that I can tell out
of the ordinary. I have tried to delete all tuners from the master front
end and re-add them on the backend. I'm not sure if this complicates
things, but I do not have any tuner cards present on the master-frontend
anymore. I used to use firewire to cabletop box, but I've since migrated to
OTA card, and an old PVR-250. I also completely reinstalled the
slave-backend from new.. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.
The tuners do appear on the slave-backend. I have checked to ensure it's
not pointing at a local database of any sorts.

Suggestions?