[mythtv-users] mythtv, lirc, and modes

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:30:00 UTC 2012

I have been reading about how lirc works when trying to use multiple
programs and have the well documented issue that if two programs are open
(even if one has the focus) the both receive lirc events.  To deal with
this, I have read about lirc modes.

     http://lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format

This seems like a possible solution to only load the modes for the
application you want to use, but aside from some home rolled solutions I do
not see away to change the lirc mode from the command line.  I have also
seen that other appliactions like xbmc expose an API to disable / enable
lirc.

      You can make XBMC stop & start listening to LIRC with the commands:

      xbmc-send -a "LIRC.Stop"
      xbmc-send -a "LIRC.Start"

My question is if anyone knows away to change lirc modes from the command
line without a home rolled patch to lirc or if myth has a way to turn on
and off lirc from the command line,

Dan