[mythtv-users] Disk Space Way Wrong

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Mon Apr 23 09:34:16 UTC 2012

On 23/04/2012 05:33, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 23/04/2012 7:20 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM, John<nospam at netrom.com> wrote:
>>> Thank-you for this information. Awesome looking program.
>> I tried using MobaXterm and it looks great. Was able to run some gui
>> pgms just fine. When I tried mythtv-setup, the GUI password box to
>> shut down the backend popped up.I typed in the password but instead of
>> appearing in the gui password box it appeared in clear text in the ssh
>> window. Is there a setting I was missing.
>>
> Not found a solution to that, but a work around is to do a "sudo su -",
> logout of the root session, then run mythtv-setup, or run "sudo
> mythtv-setup"
> Not ideal, but works for me. (On ubuntu)

If I'm thinking of the same thing. the GUI password box is a
Mythbuntu-specific addition, i.e. isn't in the MythTV-distributed code.
I don't know why it's not working right with MobaXterm, but as another
workaround you could try manually shutting down the backend first, then
running mythtv-setup.real which is the MythTV-distributed version of
mythtv-setup rather than the Mythbuntu-developed wrapper. That should
mean the GUI password box doesn't appear. Don't forget to manually start
the backend when finished.

Cheers,

John

--