[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes 'Video Frame Buffering Failed TooMany Times' whenever a new program starts (Live TV)

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sun Apr 22 15:47:07 UTC 2012

On 4/21/12 11:12 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>>> But that's where my confusion is coming from.  My system was *useless* for
>>> live TV up until the "oldfile / stop reads" commit / revert in 10490.
>>> However, unless I'm not understanding, because I'm running 0.25+fixes, none
>>> of these "fixes" in 10490 should have made their way to my system....but
>>> it's fixed and suddenly.
>>
>> I may stand corrected.  I sat down to start watching some TV, and it seems
>> to be back to it's old tricks.  "Video Frame Buffering Failed Too Many
>> Times".
> I think only one commit in this area has gone to fixes/0.25, with a
> couple other subsequent commits going only to Master.
>
> The latest commit to Master may (crossing my fingers) solve the bulk
> of the problem.  My plan is to let that bake for a week or two and
> then commit everything to fixes/0.25.  I'd appreciate hearing from
> folks running Master whether this changes anything.
>
> Jim

Jim,

FYI
I backported all recent (0349883 & 7c7852f) master LiveTV commits to
0.25-fixes and unfortunately livetv works much worse for me compared to
current vanilla 0.25-fixes.
With recent commits from master almost every transition ends in main
menu, while current 0.25-fixes ends let say 1 on 10.
With current 0.25-fixes I also observed another trigger causing livetv
"return main menu": pressing info on just switched new livetv segment.
Doing this causes hang on livetv playback every 2-4 tries.
Sorry passing not nice feedback....

My sys has separate BE & FE. FE are disk-less PXE booted over GE
network. BE part is ext3.

-br