[mythtv-users] Zotac Z68ITX-B-E (integrated gt430) anyone?

Govindarajan govind.rajan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 20:54:19 UTC 2012

Resurrecting this thread after 4 months just to let everyone know that
I got the Zotac Z68-B-E supreme motherboard with onboard nvidia gt430
card. Everything works fine with Mythbuntu, just had to make sure I
connected ONLY to the displayport during install so that intel drivers
are not loaded but only nvidia.

Audio comes through fine over diplayport. I had to buy a displayport
<-> hdmi converted to connect to my Marantz receiver. Advanced2x is
configured in the vdpau profile and livetv is fine with no dropped
frames yet. I have tested only for the past hour or so.

Here is my config.

Zotac Z68 B-E Wifi Supreme
Intel core i3 2120T
8 GB RAM
30GB Adata XM13 (mini pcie, free slot is on the bottomside of the
motherboard) for install
1TB Samsung 2.5 inch Sata driver for /var (all mythtv data)
HVR 2250 (from my earlier myth box)
Pico PSU 160W
120W external power brick
Wesena ITX7 (yet to arrive, for now its on a spare case)

Just to note that the Atheros wifi module works fine in Linux. The
only extra config was to copy the firmware files for HVR2250. All else
is supported out of the box.

I hope this helps. I still have to configure audio for non-mythtv apps
like VLC, browser, etc.

Regards,
Govind