[mythtv-users] Upgrading From 0.21-fixes

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Apr 21 20:52:13 UTC 2012

On 4/21/2012 09:46, Jay Foster wrote:
> It just occurred to me that none of my recordings, video, or music
> files will be accessible from the VM for the first part of the DB
> upgrade. Will this cause MythTV on the VM to remove all of my
> recordings, videos, and music from the upgraded DB?  Or will MythTV
> leave them alone?  For the second part of the DB upgrade (0.24 to
> latest), the media files will be on the real hardware.

If all you're doing is upgrading the database, just run mythtv-setup,
let it do its thing, and then exit.  You may get warnings that your
recording directories are not writable.  Your database backup may get
stuffed in /tmp if there is no better place to put it.  Other than that,
mythtv-setup does not do any kind of file access to care one way or another.