[mythtv-users] Upgrading From 0.21-fixes

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 21 13:46:03 UTC 2012

I'm currently running 0.21-fixes.  At some future date, I will no doubt
upgrade to the then current version.  I have seen discussed here that
starting with 0.25, the 0.21 DB  version cannot be upgraded directly.
My plan is to use a 0.24 version installed in a VM to first upgrade my
0.21-fixes DB to 0.24, and then upgrade that to the latest version on
the real hardware.

It just occurred to me that none of my recordings, video, or music files
will be accessible from the VM for the first part of the DB upgrade.
Will this cause MythTV on the VM to remove all of my recordings, videos,
and music from the upgraded DB?  Or will MythTV leave them alone?  For
the second part of the DB upgrade (0.24 to latest), the media files will
be on the real hardware.

Jay