[mythtv-users] Disk Space Way Wrong

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 07:53:06 UTC 2012

Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

<much good comment snipped>

>  > But for somebody already "in the system", like you, it would be
>much simpler.
>>  Go for it.
>
>This is idiotic.  You claim there is a bug, you don't report it, you
>mumble about it much later on, and then waste everyone's time by
>trying to pretend that you are better than everyone else, and that
>putting in proper bug reports is beneath you.

I find myself wondering what response someone would get from the
kernel developers if he was (as you point out) most definitely not
ignorant about code, knew of a heap of bugs, had fixes for them, but
refused to submit either bug reports or the patches through the
proper channel.

I agree, does come across as a "better than you because I work on the
kernel" attitude.

<more good comment snipped>

I agree entirely with your well written rebuttal.

--
Simon Hobson