[mythtv-users] mythmusic music file storage and remote frontend

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 02:19:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am currently running .24-fixes.  My distro is mythbuntu.  I recently
added a remote frontend.  Before that I was just using a combined
frontend/backend.  All aspects of the mythmusic works on the combined
FE/BE.  My remote frontend shows my music library as if it is reading it
from the database, but when I try to play something it returns an error
with a local path complaining that the file does not exist.  (obviously,
since none of the files are local)

How do I set the correct music library path to see the files on the MBE?

Do I need to mount my music folder as an NFS to make this behave correctly?

Should it just work?