[mythtv-users] How-to AirPlay question

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 01:46:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM, A Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM, A Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> After installing "avahi-utils" - when I give "avahi-browse -a" command, I
>> now see airplay being enabled. On my iTunes, I do see now the icon. I am
>> not home, but this looks very promising.
>>
>> I had to do "git pull", then just for the heck of it, i did a disctlean
>> and reconfigured, compiled - and it seems good so far. Will send out an
>> updated email once I am home.
>>
>> A rather stupid question -- "Where" do I need to be on mythtv when I am
>> doing airplay? Like, do I need to be on "Play Music" when trying to do
>> music? Or "Watch Recordings" when I am trying to push a video from my
>> iPhone?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ash

>> on

>> until
>> streaming
>> problem)

>> > Thank you. The file /etc/environment was empty; I put in "export
>> > MYTHTV_AIRPLAY="1" in it; saved it.
>> >
>> > Appreciate it.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ash
>> > --
>> > http://about.me/adesai
>>

>> --
>> http://about.me/adesai
>>

> Oops, SORRY for top posting. Totally un-intentional..
>
> --
> http://about.me/adesai

No go with AirPlay. I can see the icon on my iTunes (but that doesn't work)
-- however nothing on iPhone :(

---------------------

[root at FE ~]# avahi-browse -a
+ eth0 IPv4 6b5c6e62485a at MythTV on FE.local               AirTunes Remote
Audio local
+ eth0 IPv4 MythTV on FE.local                            _airplay._tcp
   local
+ eth0 IPv4 Mythfrontend on FE.local
 _mythfrontend._tcp   local
+ eth0 IPv4 SFTP File Transfer on dell2850                SFTP File
Transfer   local
+ eth0 IPv4 root's remote desktop                         VNC Remote Access
   local
+ eth0 IPv4 root's remote desktop on FE.local             VNC Remote Access
   local
+ eth0 IPv4 dell2850 [00:11:43:e5:c8:0e]                  Workstation
   local
+ eth0 IPv4 mythtv [00:06:4f:41:2b:1f]                    Workstation
   local
+ eth0 IPv4 FE [00:01:2e:26:0d:eb]                        Workstation
   local
+ eth0 IPv4 mythtv                                        SSH Remote
Terminal  local
+ eth0 IPv4 FE                                            SSH Remote
Terminal  local

I restarted my iPhone like 5 times, restarted avahi-daemon. Nothing.

--
http://about.me/adesai