[mythtv-users] How do I enable Deleted Recordings group?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Thu Apr 19 16:38:13 UTC 2012

Trey Thompson wrote:
> I found it.
> In the FrontEnd
> Setup, Video, General, 2nd page.
> The "Time to retain deleted recordings (day):" setting.  This appears to
> default to 0.  I changed it to 90.  Deleted a recording, and now there's
> a "Deleted" group with the recording in it.

That is not logical to me as I just wrote in another thread. Why is that
setting in mythfrontend? It should be in mythtv-setup.

This setting seems to have changed since the upgrade. I'm pretty sure
that my setting was "delete permanently if space is needed" or similar.
Now it was set to 0 which means "delete within the next 5 to 20
minutes". Maybe it is a new setting and the old one is gone. IIRC it was
called differently in 0.24...