[mythtv-users] Labels instead of Recording Groups

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Apr 19 15:32:18 UTC 2012

Anybody else want in on this bounty?

> Joe, sounds like you should send your $40 directly to Michael Dean.
>> :-)  If you do, I'll add $20 to the bounty.
>>

> Hehe, how about this for a bounty:
>
> Spend some time--however much you think is fair--doing something to help
> the MythTV community (whether documenting something on the wiki or working
> on a theme (new or existing) or even writing code--or volunteering to help
> me make a useful web page for https://github.com/MythTV-**Themes<https://github.com/MythTV-Themes>:).
>
> That would be far more useful to me than any other bounty you could offer.
>  And, besides, I'm adding the feature for my own use, anyway.  :)
>
> Thanks for the offers, though, both of you.
>
> Mike

Mike, I really appreciate your efforts on this.  I hope it turns out
similar to what I envisioned.  I know that some folks have dreams of a
multi-user mythtv , but I don't believe I'd like that; no one in our home
watches TV alone.  Using "tags" seems to be a far better way of making the
system cater to multiple users.

I would love to be able to give back... but honestly with a young family I
have very little time to pursue my own interests between all of my kids
activities and maintaining our home.  Someday I hope to get more involved
as I have been a user of mythtv for so long (since 0.17) I feel guilty for
not doing something.

Joe