[mythtv-users] MythWeb Recordings Page

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 03:16:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Ben Allen <ballen at bogdan.net> wrote:
>> Hello David.  Thanks for the response.  I found the RSS feed on the
>> recordings page and looks like that might do what I am looking for.  As I am
>> not familiar with XSLT, how would I go about adding the RSS to XSLT?
>
> Hmmm, I had a look but it appears that the RSS feed does not correctly
> conform to XML standards (my feed has ampersands '&' in the program
> titles that are not escaped).
>
> What version of mythTV are you using?  Maybe you could use MythXML
> (0.24) (now known as the Services API on 0.25) instead?

I have hacked up the following.  I think it should work for either
0.24 or 0.25, although you will have to modify index.html accordingly.
 Also, change the recordings.xsl to display the details that you wish
to display.  All of the attached files just need to be placed so that
they can be accessed from a browser.  I.e. for me, they would go in
/var/www/html/simple_mythweb/ and then I can access them from
http://mybackendip/simple_mythweb/index.html

Also, I haven't done much in the way of testing any of the attached.
I am not near my backend machine.

Regards and good luck!,
Whytey