[mythtv-users] Aussie Commercial Detection (was: other *stuff*)

Andrew Leech coronasensei at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 03:14:59 UTC 2012

On 18/04/12 17:11, David Whyte wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Michael Watson
> <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au>  wrote:
>
>> Not a big issue for me either.  But very willing to supply examples for you
>> from Australia.  USB Memory Stick OK?
>> Send me an email off list, if you would like me to send you details, (or I
>> am happy to setup an FTP site for you to download them from)
>>

> Hey Michael,
>
> I am happy to donate recordings also and I am sure there are other
> Aussies too.  Maybe we could create a Wiki page or something to
> co-ordinate our efforts so that we can cover all channels including
> the shows that give good and bad results.  I am happy to create the
> page but I am literally walking away from my desk to go home for the
> day so it will have to wait a couple of hours.
>
> Thoughts?

I think a wiki page for Australia is certainly a good idea, just like
there's one for UK comm detection.
I can imaging that long term there's always going to be some settings
that work better in some countries but not in others, so separating
methods for regions may be a good idea as a way to avoid false positives.

fwiw I've found that silence detection script mentioned here a while
back generally works really well on most channels in Melbourne, but not
at all on others.
10, 11, SBS, ABC, 7 all appear to work based on what's in my
recordedmarkup table, by memory these generally get the cut points
pretty well.
Channel 9 get's nothing from that script though.

Andrew