[mythtv-users] OT: Predicted hard drive failure; replacement, consideration

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Wed Apr 18 20:41:13 UTC 2012

> One other note, folks:
>
> When SMART tells you "may fail in the next 24 hours"...
>
> *Believe it*.
>
> If you have to take the drive (or machine) off line because you haven't any
> good place to copy that much data, do so.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

My plan is to copy off all non-recording data and unmount the drive.
Then I'll power it down until I can install the replacement drive and
move the recordings over.  Hopefully only TV recordings will be in any
risk of being lost but I'm not there yet as other files are still
copying.

Crossing my fingers,
-Mark