[mythtv-users] Labels instead of Recording Groups

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:43:29 UTC 2012

> I'm already working on converting our recording groups to "tags" (which will
> be very much like gmail labels).  I plan to push initial support for it
> (which will only have very basic UI support) soon (after some work stuff
> slows down), and hope that doing so will allow our UI experts to help extend
> the UI support.
>
> As far as multiple users, we do plan to have proper multi-user support so
> that you don't have to find work arounds (like using recording
> groups/labels/tags) for it.

Tags sound like a great idea.  If you can assign multiple tags to a
recording if the Delete Recording only deletes the tag and then when
no tags are left the recording is removed from the hard drive that
would be a great stride for basic multiple user support - would
certainly be a good compromise between what we have now (duplicate
recordings and/or remembering to move between storage groups) and a
full multi user system.