[mythtv-users] 0.25 Parental controls

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:28:33 UTC 2012

2012/4/17 Michael <mythtv at blandford.net>:
> On 04/09/2012 11:38 AM, Bob Cottingham wrote:

>>> Hi;
>>>
>>> I believe this was caused by:
>>>
>>>  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/7c8e45f
>>>
>>> Pluribus on the -users IRC channel just tested the fix here:
>>>
>>>  http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2012-March/071892.html
>>>
>>> So, if you're building from source, the fix works (at least for two
>>> people.)
>>>
>> It has worked for me for a little over a week.  I would really like to
>> see it fixed in 0.25 however so I don't have to patch it with each
>> update.
>>
>> Does the bug listing need to be updated with more information?  It
>> seems like a pretty big deal to me with a fairly simple fix that
>> should affect anyone using parental controls.  I haven't seen anyone
>> saying that they aren't seeing this issue.
>>

> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded to 0.25 and am running into this issue as well.
>
> Did a bug report get opened?
>
> Michael

Hi all,

I've started to use parental controls safter I upgraded to myth 0.25
and I'm not sure if it ever worked before but with my current
installation it does not.
When starting mythvideo I always get level 0 which gives access to all
videos even those with a pin code at lvl 4.
Switching to any other lvl makes myth enforce the parental controls.
But sadly this stops again after restarting the frontend, it's back at
lvl 0 allowing access to all videos.

Cheers
Rob