[mythtv-users] upgrade to 0.25 or fresh install?

GZ gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:49:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I've got a mythtv box running 0.21 at the moment and am planning my
upgrade to 0.25.  Given some of the difficulty involved upgrading the
database, I was considering if it would just be better to export my
recordings using mythlink/mythrename and putting them on the updated
system as videos and let the metadata grabber take care of the
additional data.  The only problem with this is that it doesn't seem
like mythvideo can use the original airdate as the key for importing
the videos.  Any tips or suggestions?  Or am I just better off
upgrading my machine to 0.22 and then jumping to 0.25?

Thanks,
-Greg