[mythtv-users] Kernel errors

Keith Pyle kpyle at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 18 01:51:57 UTC 2012

On 04/16/12 22:54, Jerry Rubinow:
> My mythbackend computer locked up today, the whole computer, not just
> mythbackend.  Following is the syslog at the time this happened.  It's been
> rock steady for months, and I haven't made any changes lately.  I rebooted
> and now it seems to be functioning normally.
>
> Any suggestions for what I should do?  Is this a sign of disk errors?
I initially missed your message among the plethora of opinions on the
proper use of this list.

I consulted my kernel expert and he suggested you try to examine the
syslog about 2-3 minutes before the first entry you posted.  It appears
you're using JFS and it seems that a JFS write by mythbackend was
blocked, possibly because some other process had a lock on the
filesystem.  The first message shows that mythbackend had already been
blocked for 2 minutes, so you might find a clue as to the problem 2-3
minutes before this message.

Keith