[mythtv-users] How-to AirPlay question

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Wed Apr 18 00:19:19 UTC 2012

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM, A Desai < ashu.desai at gmail.com >
> wrote:

> > Hello all,
>
> > I have followed instructions per
>

> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/AirTunes/AirPlay
>

> > How do I actually use this? Say if I have a video under
> > iPhone/iPad,
> > how would I have it to play on Myth; now that I have followed the
> > steps?
>

> Basically, you play the video on your iOS device, then change the
> output. There is a little box on your iOS device screen with an
> arrow on the lower right (I believe). Select that box and find the
> mythtv output and that's it -- it plays on your mythtv frontend.

> That being said, I have not attempted this yet. I've just done this
> with my AppleTV 2 and my XBMC box.

> Good luck!
> Jerry

That's right. I set up airplay last night and it works a treat. Just start playing the content on your IOS device (e.g. video, music, you tube etc) and an extra control (the box with the arrow) pops up on the IOS device next to the play/pause controls to direct the output to your frontend. I tried it playing music and videos from my iphone and ipad2 and it was flawless. the volume can be controlled from the IOS device, and you can seek through video using your TV remote. It's very cool.

This article explains:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4437

Cheers,

Jon