[mythtv-users] Convert for iPad in 0.25 - how do you watch?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 09:17:53 UTC 2012

On 15 April 2012 17:57, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> If you want to watch offline (which is the only time I'm interested in
> watching video on a postage stamp) then you need to copy the files to your
> iPad. AFAIK, the only "approved" way is to copy them into iTunes and then
> sync your iDevice.

I personally use the application AirVideo ; it's a great app. Can
stream any videos from your backend to the iPad/iPhone. It encodes on
the fly.
You can also mark the video for offline conversion, after which you
can copy it directly into iTunes and put it on your iPad.

I use it daily.

On the AirVideo server (available on windows, linux, mac) you run it
on the same machine as your mythbackend, add the folders you want to
share and that's it

Though with Robert's iPad application, if it works as well as stated,
that may make AirVideo redundant.

Jean-Yves