[mythtv-users] I have a UPNP question...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Apr 14 16:27:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I saw this blurb in the developer's list:

> Now that UPnP is integrated with MythVideo when a UPnP...

Time and time again my 2-back-end-mythTV setup has been a PAIN!!!  I am
sure there are work arounds - but they are just that - work arounds. My
gripe is that I miss out on great features because a recording is on the
WRONG back end.  For instance:

1. I can't burn a DVD if the recordings is on the other back end.

2. And I can't watch recordings using a UPNP client if the recording
does not reside on the master back end.  That puts the kibosh on using
any commercial UPNP video client.  Imagine half the shows being
proffered up producing a blank screen or, worse, crashing the client.

But the above quote is interesting.  Could it be?  If I upgrade could
the MythTV UPNP server figure out where the recording really is???

I could start using my tablet to watch shows.  That would be great!

-thanks