[mythtv-users] Date format in 0.25 'Watch Recordings' screen

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Apr 14 02:14:31 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 02:50 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/12/2012 02:15 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Hi: I usually have the date format set so that I get a direct
>> indication of a recording's filename ( ie Thurs 2012-04-12) but in
>> 0.25 MythCenter_Wide this now shows as the 'friendly' translation to
>> 'Today', without the date. Is there a way to override this?
>
> Out of curiosity, why do you need to know the file name?
>
> If you're using MythTV recording files outside of MythTV (i.e. for
> playback on another player/device), you should be using something like
> mythlink.pl to create human-readable links to the machine-readable file
> names. Or, if you really need to know on a case-by-case basis, you can
> use the INFO key (or DETAILS) to see the details.
>
> And, in general, if you only use the recording with MythTV, the filename
> is irrelevant--since all file management should be done by/within MythTV
> itself.

The filename is not actually visible when you are inside myth. I like to
use the starttime and chanid to find a file in the video list, when I am
copying files to a thumbdrive or whatever, to move to the box at work.
It's irritating and distracting when the OS and myth *know* the real
filename but some nanny has decided that it would be 'cuter' or
something to change that...and NOT make it a selectable option. Not nice.

Geoff