[mythtv-users] Rescan channels

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 17:54:15 UTC 2012

Stefan D wrote:

>Thank you. But shouldn't Myth be able to update existing channels
>that have changed? Do i really have to start all over every time? I
>hope it wont be to often, but anyway. Updating channels seems like a
>valid feature for a TV recording application like Myth.

That's a tricky one. You can scan for channels without deleting
everything first, but to be honest once you setup a script to get
things as you like then it's easier to clear them and start again.

It sounds easy doesn't it - just scan and update channels. But when
you start to look at it, there are all sorts of tricky ones - not
least of which is if a channel has changed it's identity (by whatever
measure you use), in which case you end up with two versions.
At least with Myth you can script it, with every freeview device I've
used, you have to re-order channels by hand (if you can do it at
all), and you can forget about renaming anything.

James Lawson wrote:

>Why the hell are your emails in my trash?

Look at your spam filter settings - I'd guess you have some spam
filtering or rules that are auto-deleting them.
--
Simon Hobson