[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Fri Apr 13 14:09:08 UTC 2012

 > > Aren't the playlists saved to the database?  It would seem that when
> > you save a playlist (either new or to existing), it should be written
> > to the database and that should be the end of it, regardless of how
> > you exit the frontend, no?
> >
> You would think.  On this, I have noticed (in 0.24 anyway, have not
> tested in 0.25).  If you create a playlist via Mythweb (my preferred
> option for creating, editing playlists), you have to exit the restart
> mythfrontend before MythMusic will see a new playlist, or see the
> changes made to an existing playlist.  It would seem it loads the
> Playlists when you first start the frontend, which seems a dumb way to
> do it (in my opinion anyway).
>
> Michael
I'd say it would *appear* to be worse than simply only loading playlists when you first start the frontend.  It would *appear* (I can only go by what I am seeing) that MythMusic is essentially caching *everything* you do in a frontend session and then only actually committing it when you exit the frontend "properly" (which it's beyond me how Exit -> Yes, Exit and Reboot from within Myth itself isn't a "proper" exit).  If this wasn't true, then why are changes that should have been committed at the time they were done lost unless you exit the frontend "properly"?  If true, I'd also say seems a dumb way to do it IMO.