[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Apr 13 14:03:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 09:41:08PM -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 04/12/2012 08:32 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
[deletia]
> >Has MythMusic actually been reduced to such a level that it is actually
> >this clumsy and unusable? It can't even do tasks as simple as save a
> >playlist or remember your previous selections across reboots....or
> >provide the method to do so simply enough that a professional IT admin
> >can't even figure it out? I mean if you're going to force playlists down
> >our throats, wouldn't it be nice if you could actually create and save
> >one.....and have it stick with more than just the name?
>
> I'm a +10 on this. I can't eveb get mythmusic to play. Every once in
> a while, I touch something, and it plays, but I never know what I
> did which worked. I've got 1575 pieces of music which I can't play
> with myth...
>
> And I hate playlists too...at least the way they are set up in
> *every* music playing program I have ever seen on a linux box.

    Then your objection must be with playlists in general because some
of the interfaces on Linux are not particular to Linux. There are plenty
of apps with less annoying playlist interfaces. Perhaps MythMusic should
integrate with some of them or just support m3u files.

    This kind of thing is easy enough to script if you just poke around
a bit. My current version of MythMusic syncs playlists with my desktop
player (rbox).

[deletia]