[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 13:10:37 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 13/04/2012 11:45 AM, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
> >

> > Aren't the playlists saved to the database? It would seem that when
> > you save a playlist (either new or to existing), it should be
> > written
> > to the database and that should be the end of it, regardless of how
> > you exit the frontend, no?
> >
> You would think. On this, I have noticed (in 0.24 anyway, have not
> tested in 0.25). If you create a playlist via Mythweb (my preferred
> option for creating, editing playlists), you have to exit the restart
> mythfrontend before MythMusic will see a new playlist, or see the
> changes made to an existing playlist. It would seem it loads the
> Playlists when you first start the frontend, which seems a dumb way to
> do it (in my opinion anyway).

Has anyone tried to look at the database to see if/when changes are being
applied?  Once could do this by doing logging into the database via installing
phpMyAdmin (suggested) or via logging into the database like so:

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

and at the prompt

SELECT * FROM music_playlists

If you want to do the second, you can by either going into a virtual console
(ie: control-alt-F1) or via SSH (highly suggested).  I would make playlist
exit mythmusic then check the database to see if the changes had been
applied.  Check again when you log out and again when you have seen the
changes show up in mythmusic.  The I would look at possibly filing a bug/suggestion
report.

Nasa