[mythtv-users] simultaneous viewing

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Apr 13 06:35:39 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 11:37 p.m., tortise wrote:

> An obvious issue to me is how many frontends will be coordinated slaves
> and how will they be controlled in the various combinations?

(Seeing if I can reconnect the runaway thread)

On 13/04/2012 12:01 p.m., James Linder wrote:
 > ... and I pause my playback ... and havoc engulfs the multicast users
(or worse pause has no effect)

 > James

If I was doing this one thing I'd design into this would be a web page
which pauses ALL linked frontends (expect android to display this page)
however single remotes would ordinarily still be able to
interfere....user discipline or more complex design are likely options....

Reference:  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_control_socket

No option to suspend IR control of a linked FE (that I can see) was
foreseen however lots has been.

Other web page features would be WOL for frontends, frontend status,
frontend individual and group inclusion / exclusion....

An alternative more elegant UI feature might be a frontend webpage
"switch" that makes a group of frontends behave all the same, i.e. pause
one and they all pause, so they all do the same, obviously there are
issues to this approach however one has to start with a goal in mind,
this seems a good one to me.  The above socket does not seem to be
capable of this level of functioning to my glance over what we have there.