[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Fri Apr 13 01:14:26 UTC 2012

>>> Anyone?  Especially question #1.  What do I have to do to not have to
>>> re-select my music every time I go into it?
>>
>> OK, this is seriously starting to make me drink.  I figure the problem
>> *has* to be that we are now forced to use playlists and I don't have any
>> playlists set up.  So, I dutifully go through and select a bunch of
>> songs -> Menu -> Playlist Options -> Save to New Playlist -> name it "My
>> First Playlist" -> OK.
>>
>> Go to the tree view, scroll down the first level to "Playlists", there's
>> "My First Play List" with all my selected songs....YAYYYY!!!!!!  ->
>> Select My First Play List -> Replace All and start
>> listening.....YAYYYYY!!!! x 2
>>
>> I then reboot (the acid test), go to Media Library -> Play Music ->  "You
>> haven't selected any tracks to play" -> "Are you #%%@^%# kidding me?" ->
>> Go to first level of tree view (which is also never remembered, you have
>> to reselect your last view *every* time you start listening to music) ->
>> Scroll down to "Playlists", "My First Playlist" -> "** Empty Playlist!!
>> **" -> "Are you #%%@^%# kidding me?" x 2
>>
>This works for me.  Ubuntu 10.04, mythfrontend version: fixes/0.25
>[v0.25-5-g5c87d03]

Well, I'm one step closer.  If I want any of my work to be retained, I have
to be sure to exit mythfrontend, restart mythfrontend, THEN reboot the
system and changes are retained.  If I simply make changes then "Exit" from
the myth main menu -> "Exit and Reboot", everything is gone.  I have tested
this with new playlists (which become "empty" playlists if I don't first
exit to the desktop), saving changes to existing playlists (which look oddly
like they did before I made any changes if I don't first exit to the
desktop), etc.