[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Fri Apr 13 00:32:34 UTC 2012

>Anyone?  Especially question #1.  What do I have to do to not have to
>re-select my music every time I go into it?

OK, this is seriously starting to make me drink.  I figure the problem *has*
to be that we are now forced to use playlists and I don't have any playlists
set up.  So, I dutifully go through and select a bunch of songs -> Menu ->
Playlist Options -> Save to New Playlist -> name it "My First Playlist" ->
OK.

Go to the tree view, scroll down the first level to "Playlists", there's "My
First Play List" with all my selected songs....YAYYYY!!!!!!  -> Select My
First Play List -> Replace All and start listening.....YAYYYYY!!!! x 2

I then reboot (the acid test), go to Media Library -> Play Music ->  "You
haven't selected any tracks to play" -> "Are you #%%@^%# kidding me?" -> Go
to first level of tree view (which is also never remembered, you have to
reselect your last view *every* time you start listening to music) ->
Scroll down to "Playlists", "My First Playlist" -> "** Empty Playlist!!
**" -> "Are you #%%@^%# kidding me?" x 2

Has MythMusic actually been reduced to such a level that it is actually this
clumsy and unusable?  It can't even do tasks as simple as save a playlist or
remember your previous selections across reboots....or provide the method to
do so simply enough that a professional IT admin can't even figure it out?
I mean if you're going to force playlists down our throats, wouldn't it be
nice if you could actually create and save one.....and have it stick with
more than just the name?