[mythtv-users] mythbuntu-repos for Ubuntu 12.04?

Mark Bobak mark at bobak.net
Thu Apr 12 19:21:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Zarthan South <zarthan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> mythbuntu-repos is included in 12.04 by default. No need to install a
>> separate package. (Technically it was rolled into mythbuntu-common, so
>> that is probably why it says it's already installed)
>

> Since 12.04 is still beta and there are many, many daily updates to Ubuntu
> that it is easy to get out of sync. apt-get -f install can fix issues with
> failures like this.

Ok, so, I did 'apt-get purge mythbuntu-repos', which seemed to work fine.

Then I did 'apt-get install mythbuntu-common', which also seemed to
work, but didn't prompt me for which repo to use (like the old
mythbuntu-repos package used to).  (Also, 'dpkg-reconfigure
nythbuntu-common doesn't seem to do anything.)

So, in 12.04, we automatically get 0.25-fixes?  Is that right?  No
need for an external package to configure the daily builds repository?

Thanks all, for the help,

-Mark