[mythtv-users] Sapphire remote-control driver for Mythtv: v3.0 released

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Apr 11 22:50:01 UTC 2012

On 12-04-11 06:42 PM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:50:05 -0400
> Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>
>> On 12-04-11 05:45 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
>>> I've updated the Sapphire Remote Control kernel (hid) driver for
>>> Linux again today. The new version 3.0 sports a couple of nifty new
>>> features:
>
> Thank you, Mark!
>
> I had two little wishes and it seems you just fixed it. I wanted your
> download url to be in the README and I wanted my customization to
> survive the upgrade. Thanks again, your work is appreciated here!

Peachy.  Note that I quickly followed up with a 3.01 release (not announced),
which fixes a minor nit in the sapphire_keymap.sh script.

Also, that script requires that you keep the source code for the driver available,
because it needs to parse the sapphire.c file to translate button names
into hex values.   It looks in /usr/src/sapphire*/sapphire.c
as well as in $HOME/sapphire*/sapphire.c for it, which is usually good enough.

Cheers