[mythtv-users] Looking for a new video card for my MythTV frontend....

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:14:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 21:44, Mark Bobak <mark at bobak.net> wrote:
> I was looking at a GT 430 based card.  Feature set looks promising,
> and it can easily be had for less than $100.
>
> Any other thoughts, folks?

You should search the archives for discussions on nVidia
card capabilities.  It has been discussed "extensively".

The one point that tends to come up about the GT430
and that tends not to be in the "glossyware" from nVidia
is that if you live in a 60Hz country, that card may not
have enough capability to do reliable advanced 2x de-interlacing
on 1080i content (some vendors may overclock the card,
some may underclock (to keep heat under control),
some come with various memory speeds, some people
are very particular when it comes to video glitches, some
never see them, some people claim the newest video
drivers are better/worse, etc., so consistent answers are
hard to come by until you test the card(s) in your specific
environment and you decide if you like the results.)

Gary