[mythtv-users] Anysee N7 usable with myth?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Apr 11 19:13:12 UTC 2012

>>> > From what I read it seems to be able to produce a m3u file, which can

an internet search led me to
https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boards/4/topics/2771
That post suggests that the playlist refers to the stations via http
links. HTTP transport is not supported by the network recorder.
(yet, its easy to patch in for specific use cases)

>> If it produces a playlist file that can be used by VLC
>>
>> Then this can likely be used by mythtv using the FREEBOX capture card
>> type.

In my testing I used a playlist with rtsp urls that point to an
instance of vlc running as translation server (converting elementary
audio streams over shoutcast to single program transport streams over
rtsp)

>> Create a capture card, set the type as FREEBOX, enter the URL to the m3u
>> file.
>>

> How about tuning for a scheduled recording?
> Is this possible with a m3u file?? Sorry but I do not know this technique
> yet.

Tuning is done by having one entry per stations in the playlist.

>> I have found sometimes that the URL used for VLC need to be slightly
>> modified to be used by myth:
>> rtp://@233.29.121.39:1234
>>
>> into:
>> rtp://233.29.121.39:1234
>>
>> remove the @ in front of the address.

for an example of my setup see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Dekarl/How_to_remux_elementary_streams_to_look_like_a_Freebox
I think you can do the same by just leaving out the "mux ES in TS" part.

Regards,
Karl