[mythtv-users] Disable HD-PVR remote without disabling PVR-250?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Apr 11 13:50:00 UTC 2012

On 12-04-11 09:39 AM, James MacKenzie wrote:
> Have a Myth install with a PVR-250, PC-HDTV and HD-PVR.
>
> I was using the ir-kbd-i2c module for the remote with the PVR-250.
>
> Had problems a-plenty with the HD-PVR until I read that if you have the
> ir-kbd-i2c module installed, it can cause issues like I was having (1-2 minute
> recordings, after which the HD-PVR would hang and need rebooted).  So, I
> removed the ir-kbd-i2c module and voila, it works perfectly now.
>
> I'm currently using my wireless keyboard to control things but would really
> like to be able to use the remote again.
>
> So...the big question is, is there a way to load the ir-kbd-i2c module for my
> PVR-250, but not have it connect to the IR receiver on the HD-PVR?

Yeah, there's a device table of sorts in there somewhere,
so removing everything other than your PVR250 from it should
prevent interference.

Specifically, in function ir_probe() there's a big switch() statement.
If you remove (#if 0) all of the cases except for the ones for "Hauppauge",
then that'll probably do the job.

Just have all of the non Hauppauge parts return -ENODEV instead of continuing.

If that all fails, then there's a $13 (delivered!) solution that works
just as well, with no LIRC required:

    http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/

I don't sell them or have any connection to the seller,
but rather I'm just a happy user who also wrote a driver for it.

Cheers