[mythtv-users] .25 on ubuntu 12.04 still doesnt tune SBS or 9 in Melbourne

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:59:11 UTC 2012

On 4/11/12, Matthew Hubbard <hubrat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
> I'm a HVR2200 user in Melbourne. I'm still on 0.24fixes so haven't
> tried 0.25 yet. I also have a Leadtek DTV2000DS and this is my
> workaround.
>
> I do a normal channel scan in the backend. The DTV2000DS locks onto
> all channels just fine but the HVR2200 won't lock onto 9, SBS or 31
> because of the off-sets.
>
> In the backend channel editor I manually edit channels 9, SBS, 31
> (can't remember if I needed to do GEM, GO, SBS2 etc) to add in the
> 125kHz offset.
>
> Now both the HVR2200 and DTV2000DS lock onto all channels. I don't
> know why the DTV2000DS can lock on fine with or without the offset yet
> the HVR2200 can't, don't know if it's firmware or mythtv related. Was
> very frustrating trying to troubleshoot until I found out about the
> offsets.

This may indicate the driver for HVR2200 needs fixing for .au transmissions.
There was a lot of trouble getting this just-so a year(? two years?) back on the
linux-media list. I had issues like this with a dvico card that now
seem to be resolved
(ubuntu lucid 2.6.32 with latest 0.24-fixes).

It might be worth emailing linux-media at vger.kernel.org about this,
with the modinfo for the kernel modules you are using and lspci -vvv
etc. I thought the fix was done in a generic
way for all drivers, but perhaps there is something lurking in this case.

Cheers
Vince