[mythtv-users] UK DVB-S Channel Numbering

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 21:08:25 UTC 2012

On 9 April 2012 21:57, Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds excellent.  I've never got XML TV working reliably so have never used
> it and just had a 7 day guide with EIT.
>
> Would you mind if I ask how you plan on keeping up with all the frequency
> changes etc that happen on dvb-s.  The dvb-t stuff should settle down a lot
> once digital switchover is complete but my experience is that the satellite
> stuff is fairly fluid.

Lineups do not store any digital tuning information, only identifiers
for the channels. The identifiers stored within a lineup are the
original network id (onid) and the service id (sid). The onid is
static for Freeview, the sid may change during DSO and so will need to
be updated. As a fallback it should be possible to match a digital
channel against its broadcast name (the name embedded in the digital
stream and output by dvbscan) but ideally users from across the
country will provide a channels.conf so that variations can be added
to the relevant digital lineups.

> And tell me to piss off if you like but any idea when you may release the
> first version?

I would hope in the next week or two. I'll post as soon as it's up for testing.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott